Welcome to GPFG Studios. This is a movie studio producing gay porn for a more discerning audience. We like our porn a little different than what's out there. Hence, a new studio. It all started here, in a discussion about gay porn and what we do and do not like about it.
That led to this story by yin_again, which led to a discussion about a community, which led to a poll, which led to this community. Cool, huh?
ALL BEHIND-THE-SCENES PERSONNEL: Please read this post.
If you don't follow the rules, your post will be deleted with great relish by people who hate people who don't follow the goddamn rules.
1. Our porn studio centers around the characters on Stargate: Atlantis, SG-1 is okay, too - so your main pairing needs to adhere to that. Cameos from other fandoms are okay, but stay within the Stargate world, please.
2. Slash and femmeslash are fine, but het is not. Frankly, we're not het-reading folks. The vast majority of us are slashers. We like slash. The end.
3. Timelines are irrelevant. Like the community pegasus_b, we have no problem with different stories covering similar events (i.e. "How John and Rodney got together"). If you are following a specific timeline and it's relevant to your story, mention it in your notes (i.e. "follows story X's timeline").
4. Quality counts. We recommend that you get a beta - volunteer betas are listed below. We require that your story is vetted. There's a whole vetting team listed below. Contact any of them via email and ask them to vet your story. Once they agree, you will email it to them and they will tell you to either go ahead and post it, or they will tell you what needs to be done to make it postable. Vetters are not your beta. They will give you general comments like, "there are a lot of typos here" or "you need to skip lines between your paragraphs when formatting," or "for the love of all that is holy, get a beta." This is all to keep up a minimum of quality for the comm. Besides, you might learn something in the process.
5. Graphics. Feel free to make graphics for the comm. Icons are great, logos are great. If your story is about a particular "movie" and you want to make a DVD cover, great. However, and this is important, manips should be posted in your own journal and linked. Yes, this is a prejudice, and it's totally mine (yin_again). I just really don't like manips. Sorry. Link 'em. People who like them will go look. I'll even go look if it's one of the approximately three people in all of fandom's work I actually like. Link 'em, folks. This includes your "DVD cover" if it's manip-based.
6. Posting Guidelines - OMG, this is so important! Get your story vetted. Once that is done, make a header. Your header should look like this:
FOR POSTING FIC Title: Their Debut Author:yin_again Pairing(s): McKay/Sheppard Rating: NC17 Vetted By Person Who Vetted It (if this information is missing, your post will be deleted) Warnings: Here's where you warn for mpreg, character death, kidfic, non-con, BDSM, bloodplay, knifeplay, breathplay, and/or (god forbid) watersports. Just warn for specific kinks, folks - err on the side of caution. Author's Notes: Keep it short Summary: Again, keep it short
FOR POSTING GRAPHICS A maximum of three samples (icons or thumbnails of larger works) outside the cut tag